Welcome back one and all to Down the TBR hole, where I am attempting to reduce my TBR in number and remove any unwanted books from the list. My list is not insurmountable, and I have made a good effort in reducing it this year, but I want to try and remove any of the books that I no longer want to read, and remove the ones that are only on there because I think they should be and not because I actually want to read them. OK, so, last time I managed to ditch a few reads and my TBR ended on 233 books, but since then I have added books I have received as gifts and added books that I have acquired through charity book hauls, so it currently actually stands at 244 books.
So, how does it work?
- Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 if you’re feeling adventurous) books
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?