Hi, I’m Liz and I’m a twenty-something sports fan, traveler, reader, film-watcher, and writer from Liverpool.
I’ve completed a BSc Geography degree at Lancaster University, and still have no idea what I am going to do in the future, so I have decided to blog, read, and travel.
Maps and travelling are two of my geekiest passions, and so I thought I would combine them, and take off for a year with one of my best friends, to teach English, explore, and find myself (that’s what people say they’re going to do, right?)., before I settled into my job within the travel industry. I am an avid reader and film-watcher. I love to discuss any and all books and films – even those I haven’t seen/read/know anything about.
Please feel free to hop aboard my journey into real-life as I tell you about my travels, experiences, and general observations about life as I grow up, and travel the world. Who knows, you might witness me discover myself!
I have always thought that a person’s favourite quotes tell you an awful lot about them, so with that in mind, I thought I would share a few of my favourites:
- “Not all those who wander are lost” JRR Tolkien
- “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious” Albert Einstein
- “I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams” Matt Smith as Dr Who
- “People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for” Harper Lee
- “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me” Oscar Wilde
- “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever” Walt Disney
- ”You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose” Dr. Seuss
- “Me I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly it’s the honest ones you have to watch out for, you never can predict if they’re going to do something incredibly stupid” Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow
- “But if this ever changing world in which we live in makes you give in and cry, say live and let die” Paul McCartney
- “Geographers don’t get lost; they merely explore” Catherine O’Toole
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” Mark Twain
- “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good” JK Rowling
- ”Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can’t hit, what his eyes can’t see” Muhammad Ali
- ”To travel is to live” Hans Christian Anderson