We all have those books, the ones that you really didn’t like at all when your read them, but love to talk about and moan about to anyone in a bookish conversation. I’m not gonna lie to you, I have been known to buy the second in a series just because I know that once I have read it (and disliked it) I will enjoy moaning about it! Yep, you guessed it, that’s what this week’s Top 5 Topic is all about!
If you want to find out more, or take part in, Top 5 Wednesday, click here to find Lainey and Samantha’s Goodreads page.
- Fifty Shades of Grey E L James – I have read, and re-read these more times than I should probably admit. I actually enjoy ranting and moaning about them after. I know that’s sad, but what you gonna do?!
- Twilight Stephanie Meyer – These books are awful, we all know that, but there are so many horrendous moments, and a film series that is even worse, that they are enjoyable to complain about to friends who hate them just as much.
- Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen – This is my Dad’s favourite book, and one that is liked by pretty much everyone I know who has read it. I think this is what makes me love disliking it so much. I know it’s literary significance, and quality, but I just don’t like it so enjoy nitpicking it at any opportunity.
- Frankenstein Mary Shelley – I just love complaining about how whiny and moany and angsty this book it. It’s just not my cup of tea and I like telling anyone and everyone when they start a conversation about it.
- Hound of the Baskervilles Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – Again, I know the significance, especially within the gothic genre, and I also know that as a Sherlock Holmes fan, it will come as a surprise that this is on the list. I just don’t love it like the others which pretty much makes me moan about it.
What books do you delight in disliking? Have you read any of these, and if so, what do you think of them?