If there is one thing that you can absolutely be sure on it’s that I like reading all about new characters, and enjoy reading about new attractive characters even more. Sometimes, I crush on characters because they are conventionally described and designed to be attractive in their personality, physicality, and interactions. Sometimes, I simply crush on a character because I want to be them. I want to be them, or like them so much that I end up finding them attractive. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason as to why I crush on them. They just have that spark, that edge, that makes them attractive to me.
For all of you who don’t know what Top Ten Tuesday is, or don’t know how to get involved, click here. The lovely folks at Broke and Bookish tam together to produce a book related topic each week, and you simply list the top ten of that topic.
Initially, I saw the title/theme of this weeks TTT: ‘Boyfriends/Girlfriends’, and thought, nahhh not for me thanks. I was planning my weekly posts, and just went back to check again, and noticed the tag line, or suggestion: Which characters do you have crushes on? and thought, hang on a minute, maybe I shouldn’t rule it out quite so definitively this week. So, here we are:
- Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: The description of Kaz is not one that instantly makes you think ‘he’d be on this list’ and yet, it absolutely is. I cannot explain what it is about Kaz I find Attractive, but I do seriously crush on him. Like majorly.
- Alucard Emery from Shades of Magic Trilogy by V E Schwab: Attractive, charismatic, a pirate, and a magician. I mean, boom boom boom boom. Had to be on here.
- Ian O’Shea from The Host by Stephanie Meyer: Not unlike Kaz, I just can’t put my finger on what it actually is about Ian, but when reading The Host there is just something about him.
- Tom Kirk from The Double Eagle by James Twining: So Tom Kirk is an art thief and criminal, but he’s getting out of the game and is turning his life around. He’s a noble guy now, y’know, with a dodgy past and slightly squiffy set of morals.
- Khal Drogo from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin: If we’re being honest, when I read this series I had seen series 1 of the TV show, therefore I read the books and imagined Khal Drogo as Jason Momoa, and who wouldn’t crush?
- Marc Dane from Rubicon Series by James Swallow: Marc Dane is physically the action hero from all the books, but to boot he is intelligent and actually more the computer guy (and everyone likes a geek). He also doesn’t mind getting help from women. Winner winner.
- Oliver from Wild Seasons Series by Christina Lauren: Oliver is a little bit of a nerd, but ruggedly handsome, funny, and tall. And he has a comic book store. I mean, does he need any more of a reason to be on a crush list?
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: For me, there aren’t any male characters that jump out as attractive in the book, whereas Katniss is every girl’s girl crush. She’s clever, Attractive, savvy, she can survive and fights for what she and her family wants and needs.
- Nymphadora Tonks/Hermione Granger from Harry Potter Series by J K Rowling: Where would we be on Top Ten Tuesday without the requisite Harry Potter characters. Everyone girl crushes on Hermione, so obviously she is on here. For me, Tonks is a hidden gem in the books. She is amazing, and crazy, and is everything I want to be.
- Arwen from The Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkien: Who doesn’t want to be a beautiful and graceful elf with Aragorn as a husband. Thought so, activates the girl crush sensors.
Which book characters do you crush on? Would anyone from my list be on yours too?