Last week I signed up and started #TheReadingQuest (my sign up post can be found here). I committed to taking part in the readathon over the next month, and after a week have realised that I need a post to keep track of my progress! There is a set of rules, challenges, and scoring systems that can be found on #TheReadingQuest sign up post, and also on my original TBR post. So, in an effort to take part and track my progress, I’m creating a master post to track my scores throughout this readathon.
So, an update master post. I’ve never really done this before, but as this readathon requires a scoring system, and actually has a competition element, I thought a progress post was the best way to keep everything in one place and on track. In theory, I’ll update when I complete a book and calculate my character’s score as I go through the challenges, and keep track of which side quests I finish as well. There is also points (up to a maximum of 20) for social media musings and pictures, so I’ll try and keep a tab on that too. As I go along, I will also strikethrough any completed challenges (too keep me going as much as anything else). Each character starts with 10HP and 10XP, I will try and add this as I go to create and overall score, whilst keeping tabs on each individual book score.
I said in my sign up post that I was unsure which character I was going to start with, but expected it to be either Knight or Mage. I don’t know myself at all, because I ended up going with Rogue. I felt like this was the hardest grouping for me to do, but also the one that would have the shortest books, so it would be good to get out of the way prior to my holiday. Once I’ve finished Rogue, I plan to move onto either Knight or Bard, depending on how close to my holiday I actually am.
Overall Total: Level 2 168HP 70XP
The Rogue: These adventurers have absolute mastery over stealth and speed, and they celebrate underappreciated books and half-forgotten stories.
- A banned book: Brave New World Aldous Huxley
A book cover with a partially obscured face:When Dimple Met Rishi Sandhya Menon
- Pages Read: +38HP/Book Finished: +10XP/Diverse Author: +10XP
A book with <500 Goodread reviews:The Triumphs of Eugene Valmont Robert Barr
- Pages Read: +30HP/Book Finished: +10XP
A book published by a small press:Wishing for Birds Elisabeth Hewer
- Pages Read: +8HP/Book Finished: +10XP
A book with a one word title:Nerve Jeanne Ryan
- Pages Read: +29HP/Book Finished: +10XP
The Bard: While the bards may not engage in direct combat, they make up for it with their intimate knowledge of songs and stories. They will be reading famed tales and singing lost songs.
- A book with a TV or Movie adaptation:
- A Fairytale Retelling:
- A book cover with striking typography:
- A book translated from another language:
- A banned book:
The Knight: These players are warriors skilled in direct combat. The stages within this path are inspired by action and weaponry.
- The first book in a series:
- A book with a verb in the title:
- A book with a weapon on its cover:
- A book with a red cover:
- A book that has a TV or Movie adaptation:
The Mage: As wielders of spells and witchcraft, these players will conjure and summon their way through tomes contain magic and whispers of alternate lands.
- A book with a one word title:
- A book that contains magic:
- A book based on mythology:
- A book set in a different world:
- The first book in a series:
- Potions: A book concocted by 2 or more authors
- Time Warp: A book set in either the past or the future
- Expansion: Read a companion novel or short story
- Mini-Game: Read a graphic novel, novella, or poem collection
- Animal Companion: Book referencing an animal in the title
- Re-spawn: Read a book you’ve previously DNF’d
Grind: A book with 500+ pages– A Dance with Dragons Part II: After the Feast
- Pages Read: +5oHP/Book Finished: +10XP
- Multiplayer: Buddy read a book
- Openworld: Read whatever you want
Social Media: 13HP
Are you taking part in #TheReadingQuest?
What characters are you tackling and what are you reading?