The sun is shining, the world is gleaming, because my favourite readathon is back! Bout of Books 20 is round the corner, and I am too excited, like ridiculously excited. Probably too excited. Bout of Books 20, wow, I can’t believe we’re hitting 20 already! What is it all about I hear you cry (into the wind)? Well, I’ve been made an expert on all things Bout of Books, so here’s the deal: It’s fun, friendly, low-key, and most of all, it’s all about you.
Bout of Books is a great online readathon, and community, and for the last week in August we’re picking up our books (whatever books you want to read) and reading them at your own pace (I mean it, whether you read a book a day, or a page a week), we’re chatting on twitter, and we’re having a laugh. C’mon, join us, you know you want to.
So, what’s it all about. Well:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 21st and runs through Sunday, August 27th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.
For all Bout of Books 20 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
– From the Bout of Books team
This time, for the first time, I am taking part in a different readathon (#TheReadingQuest – click here for more info) so I am planning on combining the challenges from that and incorporating them into my TBR and aims for Bout of Books 20. Now technically there are no rules except ENJOY YOURSELF, but you know me, I like to set myself some goals, some targets if you will, and because this year it’s intrinsically linked with #TheReadingQuest, I’m probably going to create a TBR too.
- Read/listen to 3 books from 3 different genres.
- Get involved with any/all challenges set daily by the lovely hosts
- Participate in all twtter chats that my work schedule permits, and engage with my fellow Bout of Book-ers!
- Read and comment on other Bout of Books blog posts, and see what others are doing during the week.
- Nerve Jeanne Ryan
- The Big Bow Mystery Israel Zangwill
- A Dance with Dragons: Part II: After the Feast George R R Martin
- A Conjuring of Light V E Schwab
- When Dimple Met Rishi Sandhya Menon
So, if this sounds like something you would enjoy, if you like reading, and awesome people, and books, then sign up, take part, join in, we’d love to see you on Monday!