So, the lovely Jessica @ Ever the Crafter nominated me for the Liebster Award a few weeks ago. It took me a while to think of 11 questions, and people to nominate, but, well, there we go. I may have, well, erm, stolen some from other people, or at least taken inspiration from others, but yes. The questions and answers.
To start with, the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
1. If you had to pick one, what would you say is the achievement you’re most proud of? I think it is a toss up between graduating University, and teaching English in Thailand.
2. What was your favourite book you read last year? This one is easy peasy lemon squeezy. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo was brilliant, I absolutely loved it!
3. If you could visit one place and live there for a month where would you go? I think it would be a toss up between Auckland, Chicago, and Toronto. All three are great cities that are close to areas of incredible natural beauty.
4. What’s one thing you want to be able to look back on this year and say I did that? I want to make it to the end of the year without breaking my new ridiculously expensive phone, and I want to look and feel healthier and lighter.
5. Favourite book with an animal in it? The Harry Potter series is the best book series I have ever read, and they feature lots of different normal and magical creatures throughout.
6. Where did your blog name come from? I don’t really know. I think I was reading something that said that people actually look back at their photos and trips and Travel in Retrospect and I just thought it was pretty perfect!
7. If you could pick one craft to be suddenly proficient in/have all the supplies for, what would you pick? I would choose jewellery design and making. Yes, it would make a lot of money, and yes, you would also get to deal with some incredible materials, but it is also because it is something I enjoy watching videos and programs on, and I already have knitting and cross stitch stuffs so…
8. What would be your top three places to visit? San Diego, I love it there with it’s amazing beaches, weather, food, and people; Kuala Lumpur for the fusion of cultures, food, and the brilliant city spots; and Liverpool, my home town, full of history, sport, music, food, people, parks, and everything in between.
9. What’s your favourite word? I don’t know if I really have a favourite word. I do like the word obliterate though.
10. What would be in a bouquet of your favourite flowers? Or would it all be one? Or anything of a particular colour? I would have a bouquet of white lilies, mixed with orange and red alstromeria.
11. What’s your favourite song right now? A few weeks, well months, ago, Emma got me into the musical Hamilton. We have absolutely mastered the first disc, but it has taken us a little longer to get the second one down. I have listened to it a lot on the way to and from work recently, and my song of the moment is off disc 2 and is called Washington on your Side. The song actually stuck in my head is Ed Sheeran’s Galway Girl thanks to Emma’s enthusiastic playing and renditions! It’s certainly catchy!
- What’s you favourite book?
- If you had to order a pizza right now, what toppings would you choose?
- Coffee or tea?
- If you were given £1,000,000 what would be the first thing you would buy?
- Where was the first country you ever visited?
- Apple or Samsung?
- What is your favourite film?
- What is your most favourite and least favourite type of cake?
- Bath or shower?
- Where are the best three cities you have visited, and why?
- What is your favourite candle scent?
If you have already taken part/been nominated, or just don’t fancy it, no worries, and if you haven’t been tagged and feel like taking part, please go for it!
- Emma @ The Terror of Knowing
- Katherine @ The Writerly Reader
- Lynn @ Books and Travelling with Lynn
- Rachel @ The Journal of a Bibliophile
- Nika @ Nika’s Reading List
- Ali @ Devouring Books and Lattes
- Sumaya @ Sue’s Reading Corner
- Sarah @ Heartstring Eulogies
- Caitlin @ Caitlin Stern Writes
- Nikki and Amy @ Bursting with Books
- You, all of you, every one of you.
So, there we have it. Thank you very much for nominating me Jessica (please feel free to answer the questions too if you feel like it!), and have fun answering!