I love a good book. I love imagining stories, and worlds, and characters. But sometimes, it is nice to see other people’s imaginings, and to immerse yourself in a visual world, and that is wear film comes into its own. Everyone loves a good movie, so I thought I would take a small break from the book blogging and do a film tag that I found here.
- What is your all time favourite film? Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. That is easy. It is funny, and exciting, and has pirates, and adventure. I love it. I can almost quote it verbatim.
- What is your favourite scene from that film? There are so many to choose from, but probably the scene where Jack Sparrow escapes, takes Elizabeth briefly hostage and declares it as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.
- Who is your favourite actor and actress? I’ve seen most films with Johnny Depp, so I’d put him as my favourite actor as a result, although it’s actually probably Chris Evans. My favourite actress is probably Anna Kendrick or Cate Blanchett.
- What was the first film you saw in the cinema? I don’t know for sure, but the earliest films I remember seeing are Barney’s Big Adventure and Mulan. My Dad must have had a great time.
- Favourite director? Tim Burton, Gore Verbinski, Stephen Spielberg, or George Lucas. They have made some of my favourite films, ones that stand the test of time.
- Favourite guilty pleasure film? Erm, probably Chasing Liberty. It’s gloriously rubbish trash.
- What is a film you hate that everyone loves? I don’t hate it quite, but I really don’t get it or love it: Shawshank Redemption. I would be quite happy if I never had to hear someone talk about it or watch it ever again. OK, so maybe I do hate it a little bit.
- What is a film you love that everyone hates? I loved Drive, which everyone else in the cinema seemed to hate when I went to see it, and lots of my friends still hate to this day. It’s truly brilliant, and his jacket is one of the pieces of film memorabilia I would most like to own.
- Which actor/actress do you have a crush on? We do not have time to go into this list right now, by any means. Any male actor between the ages of 29 and 45 has probably been on this list at some point, or is currently occupying a spot. And then if there were girl crushes…yeah let’s not go too far into this.
- What is your favourite animated film? This is probably Beauty and the Beast but an honourable mention must go to Tangled! I also absolutely love Cars, both for the basics of the film, but also the message surrounding the American Dream in the background.
- Who is your favourite film villain? Hades from the cartoon version of Hercules. He is sassy, and has blue hair, and goes through the most severe mood swings I have ever seen in a movie.
- One remake you wish had never been made. Clash of the Titans. The remake is poor, I mean, really really poor.
- Favourite film genre? Probably action or thriller, although superheroes come in there too. I like stuff to happen, for adventure, and a good battle.
- Ever walked out of a film? Yep, Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightley version) because I wasn’t feeling it and my local cinema still does intermissions, and Anastasia as a child because I was scared of Rasputin. I would
- Favourite sidekick? Timon and Pumbaa – I know this is two but really they’re each others sidekicks and are both sidekicks to Simba.
So, c’mon now, I want to hear all about your film favourites. Tag yourself, link back, and let me know what you think!