I have been blogging about books and travel for a while now and I enjoy doing the odd tag post every now and then. Most of them have seemed to always be about books, so when I found this little gem, I decided I had to do it! It was created by the lovely folks at The Blog Tag, who specialise in being bloggers for bloggers and creating blog post ideas!
- Where are you from? Liverpool England.
- Where have you been around the world? I’m lucky that except for South America I have been most places. Here’s a map to show all of the countries.
- What is your favourite City? Liverpool!! Outside of Liverpool it is probably San Diego, or New Orleans, or Kuala Lumpur.
- What are your dream destinations? Machu Picchu in Peru is absolutely top of my list at the moment.
- Best item you have purchased overseas? I try to collect souvenirs from everywhere I go, so that entire collection is probably my favourite ever things I purchased overseas.
- What time of the year do you like to travel? I like to travel in September/October and February/March. Quieter, never too hot wherever you go, and often cheaper.
- How many times a year do you travel? I make sure I go away once a year, often more than that if I can afford the time and money.
- What are some new and exciting cuisines have you tried on your travels? Som Tam (spicy papaya salad) Phad Thai, Bindaloo, Gumbo, lots and lots of things.
- Have you ever lost something while traveling? I lose things all the time. While travelling with Jade I lost a pen drive. It didn’t have much on aside from films, but I was a bit gutted.
- What are your favourite travel activities? Scuba diving, visiting street markets, trying local foods
- What are your must have travel accessories? A sleeping bag liner – doesn’t matter about the heat or cold, the cleanliness of sheets, it is always useful, baby-wipes – doesn’t matter if the showers are horrible or it’s grimy, you can sort yourself out, DEET – no more bug bites or malaria, sun-cream – then no burns, and no days wasted bathing in after-sun!
- What is your favourite accent in the world? South African, or Russian, After scouse of course.
- If you could live anywhere where would you live? I really like Liverpool and don’t envisage myself living anywhere else (even though I’ve already lived in Thailand in Lancaster). I think if I lived anywhere else it would be New Zealand, or more likely, Canada.
- Why do you enjoy traveling? Seeing new places, experiencing new cultures, trying new cuisines, meeting new people….I mean I could go on but, you get the idea!
- Do you have a travel buddie? My friend Jade was an amazing travel buddy when I travelled the world with her a year or so ago, but I will travel with anyone I can have a laugh with and wants to do similar things to me.
- What are some of the interesting places you’ve visited and the different cultures? I’ve lived in Thailand, which is an entirely different culture. Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, while all different, have an amazingly relaxed and tranquil feel.
- Have you ever had any bad travel experiences? I was bitten by a monkey in Lop Buri, Thailand, and had to have a series of rabies injections – that wasn’t great. I also broke my foot in the USA, and I contracted pneumonia in Kenya.
- Advice for those who want to travel but think they can’t? Have a look at a place you think you may like to go, find someone who wants to go with you and commit. Don’t worry about the negatives or the problems, because you will find resolutions once you’ve committed to going, and you will have an amazing time. You can go anywhere for any amount of time, so make the most of the time you have, and always have a look for cheap alternatives of money is an issue, because there will always be one!
- Show us your favourite travel picture?
Road Trip around your country or Plane ride to exotic location? Plane ride to an exotic location – England is hardly exciting!
Hotel or Hostel: Hotel – I like hostel-ing, and meeting new people, but the luxury of a hotel will always be what I choose if I can afford it.
Summer or Winter: Summer – I love jumpers and snow, but I can’t be doing with damp cold.
Window or Aisle seat: Window – Easily a window, at 5ft 4 I have no issue with leg room. I like the view and being able to lean on the window.
Book or Movie on the Plane: Both! I refuse to pick because I always watch a film and read a book on a long flight!
I’d like to know more about your travel history and preferences, why don’t you tag yourself and answer? Or post below with some of the the places