Top 5 Wednesday this August has been really good! Not that it isn’t usually, but I have really enjoyed the last few topics I have done!! This week, the topic is quite fiendish. Normally, I spend a long time filtering through things I like and ruthlessly cutting books from the lists (too many choices, too few places on the list.)
If you want to find out more, or take part in, Top 5 Wedneday, click here to find Lainey and Samantha’s Goodreads page.
This week, however, T5W is requiring me to think of books I never have and never will read. As someone who reads books from a long time ago and new releases, children’s and adult books, fiction and non-fiction, finding something i am certain I won’t read is actually quite difficult. I have still given it a go.
- The Fault in our Stars John Green: I majorly missed the bandwagon on this one, and having seen endless reviews of both JOhn Green books and movies, I just don’t think it is for me. At all.
- Ulysses James Joyce: I know very little about this, but what I do know does not excite me or lead me to believe that this is something I should ever, or will ever want, to read.
- The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner Stephanie Meyer: Again I missed the boat with this one, and considering that I don’t really like books, and only like the films for the funny times at uni watching them, I am not sure I will ever decide to go back and read this.
- The Iliad or The Odyssey Homer: I barely like Haikus so I hardly think anything described as ‘epic poetry; is something that will entertain me.
- The Silmarillion J R R Tolkien: I have read Lord of the Rings and really quite enjoyed it. I read the Hobbit and thought it was alright. I know I have read all the Tolkien I will ever manage.
What have you tried to read and will never go back to? Is there anything that you have vowed to never pick up?