I have taken part in a few Bout of Books readathons before (see here) and I have to say it remains my favourite book reading community and challenge, and has been a consistent feature of my blog since it’s beginning. For all you lovely folks who don’t know much about it, or would like to join in:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 22nd and runs through Sunday, August 28th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 17 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I usually start my Bout of Books weeks with a TBR, but Bout of Books isn’t all about the amount of pages you read. Yes, reading is a large part of a readathon, but it is as much about about interacting on blogs and twitter, and diving into the challenges. So this Bout of Books, I am setting myself reading and interaction targets.
- I am going to interact with fellow Bout of Bookers and readers on twitter at least once a day, and expand my Bout of Books week to beyond the pages I read.
- I am going to complete all the challenges set by the Bout of Books family.
- I am going to read from the following pile of books, and hopefully complete one or two throughout the week
- A Storm of Swords: Part 1 Steel and Snow George R R Martin
- A Storm of Swords: Part 2 Blood and Gold George R R Martin
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child J K Rowling
How about joining us during Bout of Books 17?