New Orleans is the last stop on our grand adventure before Florida. And we’re here. Not that we have seen a lot of it yet, but we’re here. We see Mum and Dad this week, we get to Orlando this week, and this time next week we will actually be in Disney! I’m so excited.
Anyway, back to this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic: The Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession. We know how this goes now, and as usual I am interpreting this in my own way. I have gained a lot of books via the internet and Jade over the past few months, but these are all PDFs or EPUBs, so I have decided to do physical books only.
- Perks of Being a Wallflower
- Crash J G Ballard
- A Study in Scarlet Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Sign of Four Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Memoir of Sherlock Holmes Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Hound of the Baskervilles Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Return of Sherlock Holmes Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Valley of Fear Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix J K Rowling
As a graduation present to myself, I treated myself (finally) to real copies of the Sherlock Holmes books. Real book copies and not just the e-book versions. I can’t remember how many of them I have actually managed to locate and buy yet, but I really liked the new penguin covers, and decided that they were a nice thing to treat myself to once I had finished my degree. When I get back, I need to buy the remaining one/two/however many it is.
I bought Perks of Being a Wallflower and Crash because they were on sale for nothing in HMV, I wanted to read something a little different to what I had read before as it was my first Bout of Books, and because Emma was studying Crash and I wanted to see how crazy it was for myself.
And last but not least, Harry Potter. The fifth book is the heaviest, and after so many re-reads, had shed its cover. I finally decided to replace it not long before I left to travel, as I could no longer stand to have a coverless Harry Potter book!