As I sit in our hotel room, watching the tennis and nursing a very sore foot, I wanted to do something that wasn’t just sitting on my backside all day. Emma, the same one who got me blogging, and involved in book memes in the first place, posted earlier a meme earlier today that I have been meaning to look into for a while. So as I am not doing that much today, I thought I would get involved. It might become a regular thing, it might not, we shall see.
Top 5 Wednesday, or T5W, is a book meme created by the lovely Lainey, and is fairly straight forward: list the Top 5 things on a Wednesday in a given topic. This week’s topic is non-book things on your bookshelf. This isn’t the easiest thing to do when you’re travelling, but I think I have a pretty good idea what is on there that isn’t a book. I’m so nosey about what other people have on their shelves that I am going to give it ago.
- Harry Potter Bookends: My parents bought these for me at some generic point in time ago that I don’t remember. I love them, and they have sparked a love of bookends. I wish I could have bought all the bookends I have seen while we have been travelling.
- Rubik’s Cube: There was a phase in school when everyone spent ages learning how to complete it. For a while I could do it in under 3 minutes every time, but now, I don’t think I could get that far. It still sits, more as an ornament than anything, on my shelf. I love puzzles, and really, it is one of the ultimate puzzles right?
- Trinket Boxes: I have various trinket boxes on my bookshelf. I have a pewter one that I have had for years off my Grandma, I have a new one from my Aunt and Uncle last Christmas (as in the last one I was at home). I just love little boxes that can hold absolutely nothing of value.
- Clock Radio: I like to listen to the radio, or music, when I wake up, or whenever takes my fancy. I also like to have an alarm in my room, as well as a clock, so why not combine the entire lot into one device? It’s the only place it will fit in my room and still reach a plug.
- A baby globe: I studied Geography at University, and I love maps and globes. I have a large one downstairs in the living room that my parents bought for me when I graduated, but before I owned that one, my friends bought me a baby globe to go on my bookshelf at uni, and then at home.
I don’t have a recent photo of my bookshelf, as in how it looked as I left for my travelling. The most recent one I have is the one featured that shows my bookshelf just after my Dad and brothers had finished constructing it. I don’t think it features everything that I know is one there, but it gives you an idea of what the shelves look like. I really really love it, I just wish I had more room to hold more books. When I manage to move out, I think I need to get a lot of bookshelves!