As we have a little down time after a busy 10 days in Perth and Margaret River, I’m finally sitting back down to write the posts I am behind on, and sort the photos that still sit on memory cards. I missed last weeks Top Ten Tuesday, so while I take a break from writing about my adventures, I thought I would complete this week’s list.
Broke and Bookish set some awesome Top Tens, but I think that this weeks is my favourite so far: Top Inspiring Quotes from Books:
- ‘All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.’ J.R.R. Tolkien in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- ‘It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.’ J.K. Rowling in Harry Potter and The Philospher’s Stone.
- ‘Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog.’ Roald Dahl in Matilda.
- ‘Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.’ Harper Lee in To Kill a Mockingbird.
- ‘You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.’ Dr. Seuss in Oh the Places You’ll Go.
- ‘The moment where you doubt whether you can fly, you cease ever being able to do it.’ J.M. Barrie in Peter Pan.
- ‘Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.’ Roald Dahl in The Minpins
- ‘You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.’ A.A. Milne in Winnie the Pooh.
- ‘Ever tried. Ever failed. No Matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.’ Samuel Beckett in Worstward Life.
- ‘In dreams, we enter a world that’s entirely our own.’ J.K. Rowling in Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
Which book quotes are your favourite? Do we match?