I wrote a few days ago that I was going to sign up for my second Bout of Books read-a-thon. I am not sure what the experience of completing a read-a-thon minus actual books will be like, but I wanted to do something that I’d do at home. Hopefully it will be as enjoyable as the last Bout of Books I did!
I know that the lovely Amanda and Kelly have removed the goals linky from the sign-up requirements for Bout of Books 12, but I have decided to do an illicit one anyway!
I have repeatedly blogged about the excessive amounts of free time that I have at school, so I have decided to set myself quite a big goal. We flail, not fail, right Amanda and Kelly? If I don’t manage to read everything on there, I have plenty of time of the next few weeks to finish them. I have stayed away from the void, the abyss, the black hole that is Tumblr since I completed the last Bout of Books, so I will have more time to actually read.
So here is my list:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire J K Rowling: Kate, my friend from University, very kindly bought me a e-copy of the Harry Potter books before I left travelling, and I have finally felt the urge to read them (probably because of all the Floride planning that has been going on). I read the previous 3 travelling last week so Goblet is on here. I’m breaking my re-read rules straight away!
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix J K Rowling: I have a tendency to fly through these books, even though they are fairly long, so I have put Order on here as well.
- Out of the Blue Belinda Jones: Jade rates Belinda Jones highly, and I wanted some fluff to read between the beloved Harry Potter series, and the more thriller based reads that are featured later in this list, so I chose Out of the Blue based on the blurbs that Jade read.
- Pop goes the Weasel James Patterson: I dip in and out of this series all the time. It has been far too long since I read an instalment, and so I thought now was the perfect time to become reacquainted considering I have the entire Alex Cross series on my nook.
- Live and Let Die Ian Fleming: In my last Bout of Books TBR I re-read Casino Royale. Live and Let Die is the second book in this series. I am very disappointed in myself that I didn’t follow-up on my own goal and continue to read them, so I am reciftying that ghastly mistake now. Jade and I have added the films to our ‘to-watch’ list, so I’d like to crack on reading them before I watch the entire collection.
If you like reading, want to read more, have set yourself resolutions that you have any intention of sticking to related to books, or just want something to do, I’d urge you to join Bout of Books 12!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team.
Also, a quick shout out to my lovely friend Emma (The Terror of Knowing) who put me onto Bout of Books (and Tumblr, and White Collar, and OTP’s, and Tom Hiddleston….I could go on for a long time) in the first place. I understand she has a lot of deadlines etc, so might not do this read-a-thon this time, who knows though?! Even if she doesn’t do it, she loves books that much that she is worth checking out either way 😉